02J with a MK4 pedal, what line to slave? (MK2 Golf)

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by Todd Motto, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Todd Motto Forum Member

Had a very long google before asking so I hope someone can help…

I have a MK2 Golf with 1.8 20vt converted. 02J gearbox and custom pedal box which houses the MK4 clutch pedal as well.

I need a clutch line that’s suitable, the OEM one is too short. Does anyone know of an alternative? Or perhaps a braided line? I’m not sure what length I’d even need as well.

Cheers!

2. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Just fitted a braided HEL line from the master to the slave on my corrado. May be what you need
    Certainly will be long enough, I would guess. Ebay
    Jon

3. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

4. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

Rallydesign for aeroquip fittings/hose

5. Mjj4 Forum Member

I'm 99% sure I'm using an OEM line on my Mk4 pedal, 02J shifter setup. I'll have a look and let you know, I did the conversion over 10 years ago so I can't remember what I used now!

6. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Just make up a line?

Steffen likes this.
  7. Mjj4 Forum Member

Screenshot 2023-03-01 140845.jpg I'm using this pipe on my mk4 clutch pedal to 02J conversion. This is a standard mk4 5 speed pipe, IIRC mine was from a caddy but either way the question mark shaped part on then right hand side is identical to mine, as is the flexi.

The more I think about it the more I realise the stock line cannot be too short. a Mk2 golf is narrower than a Mk4, so the pedal position vs gearbox must be closer. Can you show us a pic of the issue you're having?

8. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Unsure, but isn't there a bleed block or restriction joint in some lines that if omitted may reduce the length? Possibly the way its routed could affect it too.
    I got a braided line made up by brt motorsport yo the length needed, and with correct ends to push in the mk4 type master/slave. Previously when used mk3 slave Hel made me a line with banjo bolts as was threaded connection.
    Screenshot_20230304-172308_Chrome.jpg