Full Respray in North West Area

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by paulm2322, Apr 30, 2024.

1. paulm2322

paulm2322 Paid Member Paid Member

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a car body shop for a glass/rubber out respray? I’m in Liverpool. My car is 1997 Golf Gti. Car has usual rust in door frames and lower front wings.

Thanks,

Paul

2. harryvr6 Forum Member

hi mate you could try pro spray in rixton warrington, or milton auto bodies in eccles manchester, ive used mike at milton hes very good

3. Rustbuster

Rustbuster Paid Member Paid Member

You’re doing the right thing in asking for recommendations. Not my area so can’t recommend anyone but pick very carefully. Letting a muppet near your pride and joy with a gun can do more harm than good. I’d make sure you get a bullet proof warranty that will be honoured as I’ve seen spray joys that look great when you pick the car up but have gone bad with “fish eyes” developing in the clear coat, filler shrinking in places, not to mention sanding marks coming through (presumably as the paint shrinks) a full 12 months after the job was done.

4. AndyBa Paid Member Paid Member

I'd seriously think about swapping what panels you can for one's without any rust. Ideally same body colour for the doors. Otherwise there is a chance the rust will re-appear. Hopefully MK3 body parts are still relatively cheap.

5. RichardDarrenB Paid Member Paid Member

If you are prepared to travel to West yorkshire give motoburo a call. They did my mates dads mk1 cab and it's flawless.

20240414_114125.jpg