Help with part numbers please

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Cressa, May 4, 2024.

1. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

As VW Classic has a 25% sale on I thought I would try and take advantage and stock up on some parts I will need.
    Trying to get the genuine Gti model trim sticker line that goes around the car. Sounds easy enough, but some refer to it as foil trim and the picture shows a sticker, coiled up, whilst other parts show a perfectly straight item decorative strip.
    I don't want to mix up and get the wrong items...

Attached Files:

2. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

7Zap has a list, it looks like VW broke down / catalogued the waist strip by it's various individual parts eg. wing / door / side / rear and not as one complete length.

That'd imply they were pre-cut, perhaps the reproduction coiled up example you've seen just requires you to cut it to the various individual sizes?

Reading back over the list has jarred something in my memory, it's possible the stip came in grey (for certain body colours) and not just plain old black... so perhaps the same strip, but in a different colour, has an alternative part number that you'd need to be aware of / avoid mixing up?

I think 'Foil' is a literal interpretation of the German when translated into English and is the same thing.

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/golf/go/1984-14/8/853-171000/#1

strip.JPG

3. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

As long as I get the correct colour and not a solid piece of trim like on the mk1s I should be okay then, hopefully.

4. Zender Z20

Zender Z20 Paid Member Paid Member

Don't want to diddle anyone out of business, but have a look at the OEM+ sticker site, if nothing else might help identify the type you need better?

Cressa likes this.