02M vw Motorsport

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by dieguisimo, Sep 29, 2019.

1. dieguisimo New Member

Hello
    Recently I bought a gearbox from vw motorsport, an ibiza cupra D type 02M. Inside there is a diff lsd Genini. I could not find much information about the gear ratio and neither of the lsd. The only thing I could know is that the ramps seem 25/45 but no information about the preload. Anyone give some information to this topic? I want to use the LSD for asphalt rally and I think they are very aggressive ramps I am used to 45/90 preload 50nm and my LSD does not act in deceleration.
    Can anyone know if Gemini continues to supply spare parts?
    Thank you so much guys

erreesse likes this.
  2. Isaac Pettit

Isaac Pettit Paid Member Paid Member

Hello, sounds like a neat gearbox, would love to see some pictures if you care to post them!

Gemini is still very much in business and responsive if you give them a call. Andre has been very helpful to me and although they don't have any 02c diffs in stock (I believe they're being held up due to lack of a decent supplier for the plate tooling), they do have spare parts on the shelves for some items. Worth a phone call I should think.

Hope that helps,
    Isaac

erreesse likes this.
  3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Martin Emment of gas n gears will be another one to ask, he is on the forum under username HotGolf :)

erreesse likes this.
  4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Club GTI Folks to PM are HPR who has extensive knowledge on those types of parts and Hotgolf.

Without more details it would be difficult to reference data to ID the gearbox or components bolted to it.

5. HPR

HPR Administrator Admin

The ramps are either 25/45 or 30/60 according their position, 50 Nm for Tarmac is OK ( upto 70 Nm when new, as it soon becomes less )
    There are also symetric ramp plates who have 30/30 - 45/45 - 60/60 ramps

Isaac Pettit and Toyotec like this.