03 vw gulf GTI 1.8t boost issues

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by David 03 gulf GTI 1.8t, Aug 20, 2018.

1. David 03 gulf GTI 1.8t New Member

I'm having an issue with loss of boost. Early in the morning, first start it gives me a lot of trouble starting after pumping gas and cranking over 2 or 3 times it starts. After it gets warmed up once it has no more issues starting throughout the day until the next morning same issue. On to my boost issue. For the first five minutes of driving boost gauge will reach 12-14 psi then it will drop to five psi no higher then it will drop until I have 0-3 psi reading this happens during my 25minute drive to and from work everyday. Each time I start my drive after sitting for a bit the process starts over. I haven't leak tested it because I don't know how to saw videos how to make one but don't know how where to connect it for the whole process. Instead ive checked hoses and clamps and sprayed soapy water to check for leaks and haven't found any. Any ideas?

2. Matt 1.8t New Member

Sounds like a possible vacuum leak as I had a similar problem and didn’t show up with soapy water either you have to go through and eliminate all hoses one by one until you find one with the fault

3. Stewy

Stewy Paid Member Paid Member

could be the dreaded 17705 pressure drop are u remapped