1.4 16v AUA Tuning

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Natedogg, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Jordan1.4lupo New Member

Once you bought the parts and installed them, what next did you just fired her up or did it need a tune? Did your ecu recognise the new throttle body okay? And also did you notice any power increase?
    I'll be more than happy to try this and video it for people to see if you can confirm you didn't have to tune the car and was able to continue using it.
    Thanks

2. Jordan1.4lupo New Member

Did you just bypass the egr did you notice a considerable power increase? Thanks

3. DanneB New Member

I did an adaptation on the new throttle body with OBDeleven and then it worked perfect and mounted an EGR pipe that fits on the new intake.
    I haven´t remap the car yet but I will do it in the spring.

The car feels much faster now than before, especially over 3000 rpm.

Jordan1.4lupo likes this.
  4. Jordan1.4lupo New Member

Cool. What exactly did you have to do on OBDeleven? Was it just the throttle body alignment option?

Thanks

5. DanneB New Member

Yes, only the alignment and erased some faultcodes and then it has worked pefect.

6. Jordan1.4lupo New Member

Brilliant and thanks for your help ill give this a go ive found all the parts you have used for less then 45 pound so ill take the risk

DanneB likes this.
  7. nickid Forum Member

I've all the 1.6 parts, bigger inlet manifold, bigger throttle and injectors. How will it run fitting these without a remap for now?.

8. Husqpro New Member

Hi all,

Been running my mods mod for a while and had the car "chip tuned". Sadly the tuner did a really bad job. Dyno'd the car and only got 80bhp. Engine has had some detonation and is running way too lean. So I upgraded my fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator so now i've got 4 bar. Runs much better! Found a new tuner who is figuring out what improvements can be made with the Magnetti Marelli 4MV ECU. He said that this ECU isn't easily customizable and you will run out of headroom when you change too many hardware bits... If you are running the newer Bosch ECU (fitted on the golf i believe), you've got more options for remapping. For now i'm waiting on the new remap and i will post the results.

DanneB likes this.
  9. Knezev New Member

Hello everyone, maybe you guys can help me out...

I have a golf 4 1.6 16v (AUS) and am planning a vr6 swap in future, but I still don't have the money for it.
    So I read somewhere that you can swap a polo 6n2 gti 1.6 16v cams, injectors, and use its ecu to gain ~20hp.
    So untill I get the money for vr6 I thought this could keep me busy.
    I already have BMC CDA intake and catless exhaust with just resonator.
    The problem is the polo engine uses vvt and golf one does not but this should not be a problem as long as I use polo ecu and whole polo head, right?
    Also if this is true, can I use Golf intake and exhaust manifolds or do I need polo ones. And is there anything else I can swap from polo (maybe golf manifolds can fit a polo head, but polo manifolds are better... stuff lile that) This polo model is getting old and I think I can get the parts for cheap.
    With polo head, bmc intake, catless exhaust and ecu remap on the end, maybe I can pull ~30hp.

Thanks!

10. FlaviusFFI New Member

From what you said, you had a Magneti Marelli ECU. How did you manage to calibrate the Megane Throttle Body on the ECU. Did your tuner do it?

11. Leon66 New Member

Hello all, So time to bring this topic back again ...

I (my wife) have a Audi A2 with AUA engine 1.4 16V 75hp ...
    So i was told when u put on the inlet manifolt (Alu one) from VW Polo GTI and trottlebody Renault Megane u instandly have 105hp from 75hp ...
    So I bought the parts, installed the Manifold with the oem trottlebody, rerouted the fuel vapor and crankcase vent. into the EGR plate and it ran great, even pretty good since i have now trouble to run away with my Audi 80 Competiton 155hp from this A2 ... but 600 kilo lighter does the trick ...
    For sure more power and a nice roar from the inlet ...
    It also has a BMC DIA intake and I plan a Tubelair exhaust manifold and build a exhaust with 1 "racekat" and only 1 silencer and the RPM needs to go up to 7000 cause the fun has just started at 5500rpm ...
    Everything ran fine so i wanted to put the Renault TB 1.6 16V on there, reroute the fuel vapor and crankcase vent. again learned in the TB and that was a no go ...
    Tried the same with a VW Golf 1.6 TB also no go ...
    Now i found out that my uel vapor and crankcase vent. was leacking so now making a new connecting for that and then hope it will run normal again with the oem TB ...
    I hope if so my guy is so nice and to try again the learning of the Renault TB ... But he said that that TB ain't gona work, at least he can't get it to function properly ...

Keep U posted

erreesse likes this.
  12. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

And it worked without tuning the ecu?

13. Leon66 New Member

Jeb, just stick it on and go ...

Tristan likes this.
  14. Leon66 New Member

So 3 weeks on ... the wife was pissed it took so long ... it was nearly impossible to get the EGR and inake leakfree ... so met a new guy who is a electro speciatist ... before he came I changed the TB to the GTI / 1600 TB , pluged the EGR on the block, got the vents into the air and a catch tank ... started it and it ran pretty good ... then my new friend came who brought his VDCD , he learned in the TB and the problem was solved ...

Now the engine got such a god responce from about 2500/3000rpm that it really kicks u in the seat ... The sound level of the intake is so brutal that u wanna wear earprops ... Acceleration is very good and pretty crazy for this car :) ... but when going from 4 to 5 at +/- 150kmh it kinda drops dead first to slowly pickup and start crawling to at least 180kmh ...

Next step will be a rewritten ECU program with the EGR gone , rev limiter to 7000rpm, ready for tubelar manifolt, racekat, and probably 55mm stainless Exhaust ...

erreesse likes this.
  15. dragosmaco New Member

hello!
    so if i want to upgrade my 1.4 aua from my 2000 6n2 polo i will need the next parts:
    inlet manifold
    renault throttle body
    and what else?

its gonna be plug and play?
    and what fuel consumption i need to expect?

16. markus2900 New Member

Hi guys, reviving a old topic. I recently finished my part swap. I ran into a problem. I cannot adapt renault throttle body, If i do it with VAG, it gives me a ERROR right away in the basic settings and then EPC and ESP lights up on my dashboard. I have a Bosch ECU, only way i could go around this is if i adapt the old TB and then plug in the new one.