16V lift pump, fuel lines and accumulator

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by Motormouth, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Motormouth New Member

Does anyone know what the difference is between the early and late lift pumps, the early type has a 3 pin connector and the later type are 4 pin, what is the extra pin for?

My original under car fuel pump needs a full overhaul, can the fuel lines still be bought or is there a cheaper alternative as I’m sure if they’re available original ones will be very expensive and there are a few to buy.

Finally don’t know if my plastic accumulator tank is cracked or not yet but it is weeping fuel, is this an MOT fail, it’s not dripping just damp.

I’d like to keep the original 16V setup if I can so just wondered if anyone has come up with a solution to this problem or know if a replacement alloy, stainless, plastic tank can be bought for reasonable money anywhere?

Thanks

2. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Leaking fuel would be an MOT fail, I would imagine
    Jon

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

first thing is locate where the leak is coming from, hopefully its just a seal or cracked hose. if its the tank itself finding a replacement isnt easy these days