1987 Mk2 Golf Monza blue 16v

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Lukeybabes, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Yeah so do I. Going to be ****ed if I damaged the radio too. Fingers crossed. Going to try a spare amp I have to run some proper speakers off of the din output of the radio. That will check I hope. Just running a sub off of it atm and cant really tell if it sounds ok. I think it does. But want to check with speakers too.

2. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Equaliser got sorted today. We couldn't figure out what went wrong with the one I had in the car, but I had another spare equaliser that needed something simple doing to make it work. Big thanks to Dave (Monkey) for sorting it.

3. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Small job but satisfying none the less. Cleaned all the dimples of the golfball gearknob. They were all full of filth.

Before

[​IMG]

After, All clean and took the shine off of it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also finally got a new fuel level sender for the digifiz.

Early 3 pin

[​IMG]

Late 4 pin. It's just a separate earth running to the same earth as the rest if the sensors for more accuracy. Had to add an extra wire but now my fuel level it showing accurately. Showing 25 litres extra to the other one was. Think the early one was a bit knackered anyway because my old clocks never went above 3/4 of a tank.

[​IMG]

4. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Couple of small bits done. New boot lifers as the old ones started squeaking, New passenger side mirror, and new drivers side interior window scraper.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Couple of bits bought some wider rear dishes for the RS quite cheap because they needed a polish and had 2 flat spots on them.
    They showed up yesterday and since it was such nice weather today I cracked out the bench polisher and hammered out the flat spots.

[​IMG]

One flat spot was quite small and barely noticeable.

[​IMG]

Still needed some adjustment though.

[​IMG]

This one was painted gold on the back too. Cleaned that all off before I polished them.

[​IMG]

The other dish had one that was a lot more noticeable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one came out easy enough too. Good old nylon hammer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then they got a good polish. Very happy with them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the passenger side interior window scrapper got replaced. I noticed the drivers side one was a slightly different profile than my old one. So I had to get one that matched.

[​IMG]

And one of my electric window switches was dimer than the other. Very annoying. So I bought some new ones to try and two with the same brightness level.

[​IMG]

Got an electric sunroof switch for the future too. Won't fit that until I have an actual electric sunroof though.

[​IMG]

6. murph81 Forum Member

Nice work on the dishes!

7. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Thanks! It's very satisfying polishing dishes.

8. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Got a couple more bits for the parts pile.

Votex rear spoiler. Compared it to the standard one in the first picture. Quite a lot bigger. Got this for a bargain price.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A nice subtle difference I think. Need to make some brackets to attach it though, I don't think the masking tape will hold it. I think I might make some so I can attach it through the original GTI glass holes. I know they normally have brackets to fit under the glass rubber. But I don't have those so I might as well make some to fit it in a better way.

[​IMG]

And I got a nice bargain at Bristol Volksfest amongst a few other cool bits. 2 for a drivers side front G60 arch. In not too bad condition. Shame they didn't have the other side too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Another thing for my to do list. Been really lazy with this recently. Still haven't made some brackets for the votex spoiler.

Electric sun roof motor. Need to make a loom and a cover for it. But did get it pretty cheap.

[​IMG]

10. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Being so lazy updating this atm. Managed to find the correct cover for the electric sunroof at GTI international. Probably paid a bit much for it but what are the odds really. Had to buy it. Was missing the bracket to fit it so I had to make that as well as the wiring but that wasn't hard. Made it while I was making the brackets for the Votex spoiler that also got fitted today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

[​IMG]

A picture from Inters I managed to take :thumbup:

I must say, its lovely in the flesh.

I recently broke up a Mk2 GTI which had an electric sunroof with the cover, mount and loom. Would of been perfect for you.

I really like this car though, so many different little touches on it which make it stand out ;)

12. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Thanks for the picture! Glad you liked it.

13. MK5 Steve

MK5 Steve Forum Member

Looking good as ever.

14. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Thanks Steve!

Had a spare couple of hours so decided to fit the g60 front arches. Defiantly need to fit my larger dishes to the RS now. Will buy some new tyres later. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They did need a bit of plastic welding before I fit them though. They were only 18 so can't complain.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also while the arches were off I gave the lips a lick of Hammerite for a bit of protection.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hopefully more updates to come with the wheels [:D]

MK5 Steve likes this.
  15. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Got these fitted a couple of days ago but it took me a few days to edit these pictures. But here you go. Very very very happy with the look now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The wheels are different because I swapped the old rears to the front and then rebuilt the old fronts with 1.5 inch dishes for the rear. Now I have 8j all round. And I painted the centres while they where off the car.
    Took 40mins including sitting in traffic to get the the tyre place to get the get the tyres off to get the first wheel split. Good effort.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. spikey120585 New Member

Your itching to sell me this arent you :p

Such a lovely mk2

Steve

17. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Been neglecting this thread a bit. But I haven't had any updates to make. But the car might be coming off the road next month for some tidying up. We will see.

Small update for you anyway. Finally got myself a 16v key with light and cover. Brand new and original

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Your golf is stunning mate :thumbup:

This is old skool cool and so right :thumbup:[8D]
    [​IMG]

Top job with the hands man :)
    This is what I would have done :thumbup:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Lukeybabes Forum Member

Thanks! Seemed like the obvious way to attach it.

20. MK5 Steve

MK5 Steve Forum Member

Just gets better.:) :thumbup: