1990 Mk2 golf gti 3dr central locking problems

Discussion in 'Security' started by mk2_pete, Jan 31, 2018.

1. mk2_pete Forum Member

so guys after some advice basically the numpty who painted my car has killed my locking the vac line to the boot lock is somewhere connected to the washer bottle an was blowing bubbles it had been left disconnected in the boot when i got it back but i realized the boot wasnt locking so had a quick look and saw a loose pipe and a bolt in one of the hoses anyway connected it up and hey presto on unlock bubbles blown in washer bottle after a few attempts i have now i think killed the pump it will make vacum when it gets 12 in on the lock signal side but will not make pressure when given 12v on the unlock side anymore has anyone experienced this before is there a fix short of a new pump it gets 12v signal to lock and unlock form the the drivers door. and also where do all of the vac lines connect as i would like to figure where and how the locking and rear window wash have become connected i assume there somewhere under the roof lining near the c pillar on the passenger (left hand) side of the car

thanks in advance

regards

peter

2. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I can't remember where the washer fluid comes through, although Passenger side makes sense, seeing as it's on that side and the boot grommet is also NS. Your central locking will go from the pump, NS of the boot and then down to the NS door, and across and down to the drivers door.

Pretty simple on a 3 door car.

3. mk2_pete Forum Member

just wondered if anyone had any ideas where the pipes ran or had a sketch or photos to save me potentially ripping whole car to bits

4. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

They run down the bottom, along the inside of the sill. Up through the door grommet :)