1991 mk2 gti brakelines & rear axle bushes

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by carver, Dec 8, 2018.

?

Standard axle bushes or aftermarket

1. OEM

100.0%
  2. Aftermarket (poly)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. carver Forum Member

Hi all, haven't posted for a while but recently got my mk2 back so i'm getting back into things.

I'm replacing all of the brake lines on the car and just want to check the plumbing is correct before i match with new lines, the car has had some terrible previous owner "workmanship" so if anyone can confirm the lines are as they should be it would be really great. brakelines.jpg

The lines that go to the master cylinder go to the left side of it as you look at it, my replacement has 4 ports so i'll get 2 blanking plugs for it.

Regarding rear axle bushes what do people think to genuine oem bushes compared to after market ones? A previous owner put poly bushes on the front wishbones and subframe but i haven't driven the car for over 5 years so i can't remember or compare reallly. I must be getting old because i want the best quality ride and handling balance over stiffness and pure handling, which is probably oem?

Thanks

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

brake lines all good :)

I'd rather oem beam bushes but a pain to install, most people who put poly in say they work just fine really but I've never used them in the beam. I found my wishbone poly bushes in the rear wore out very quick so I replaced with lemforder audi tt ones

3. carver Forum Member

nice one, i'm going to pay a local garage to do the rear beam bushes i can't be arsed trying to get them in :lol: