1j0 412 311/A - distance piece ID

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by G60Dub, Apr 13, 2019.

1. G60Dub

G60Dub Forum Member

Hi all

Looking on doing a thread on aftermarket top mounts for the MK4 Golf platform and currently collating various off-the-shelf options through the SEAT LCR, polyurethane types and adjustable topmounts (Silver Project/YT-Motorsport etc)

Got most of the specs/dimensions/prices collated but one dimension I missing at present is the ID of the aluminium front strut distance pieces (1J0412311 & 311A - 10mm and 20mm spacers respectively).

Basically looking to cross reference the ID of the spacer with the ID of the various rose joints used with the adjustable top mounts before I pull the trigger on a purchase as can't be bothered with any post purchase machining work or fettling.

Given I'm running standard MK4 R32 dampers and one of my SEAT LCR topmounts has collapsed after about 50K I thought it would be prudent to collect/collate info then post it up in a thread once I have all the info finally together.