2.8 BDE/3.2 BFH pre CAT Wideband 02 Sensor loom connector issue - HELP!

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by G60Dub, Sep 6, 2017.

1. G60Dub

G60Dub Forum Member

Bought 2 new pre CAT widebands for the Bora as I have an upcoming MOT and the O2s are past their replacement mileage.

I checked the Bosch PN on their online automotive catalogue and subsequently purchased two new Wideband O2s Bosch PN: 0 258 007 361

After having went through all the fidgeting and swearing removing the old sensors tonight I then discovered that neither connector on the new sensors matches up to the existing loom!

I considered swapping the connectors from the old sensors to the new but noticed that on both sets there appears to be a trimming/calibration resistor (or something similar) built into the connector. If this is the case I assume I am unable to swap the connectors over?

Kind stumped here as on triple/quadruple checking they appear to be the correct part numbers.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I went outside, picked up the feedgas sensor from my old 4 cylinder engine (AMK 8LS3) and attempted to connected it to the two B1/B2 S1 connectors of the BDE loom.
    It connected no problem.
    20170907_064848.jpg
    20170907_064856.jpg
    20170907_064932.jpg
    20170907_064922.jpg

Not sure what is the problem other than you have the wrong sensor. Both our looms should be identical.

3. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I bought two from vw a while back the part number they gave me 1K0 998 262 D
    That is the same as the mk5 uses both are the same length rather than one short and one long

4. Toyotec

Mk5/EU4 cars use a LSU 4.9.
    EU3 cars such as the AMK/BAM/BDE/BHE/BFH were LSU 4.2

5. G60Dub

G60Dub Forum Member

Felt it necessary to provide an update - Turns out that everything was okay. Seems that weeks of constant sleep deprivation and the light failing resulted in confusion and bad decision making! Fitted them on the Friday after work and all went well; unsurprisingly lol Many thanks for taking the time to take photos and post them up Eddie - it was extremely appreciated and your posts gave me the motivation to have another go. :thumbup:

Car seems to run a fair bit smoother which is a positive result.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Toyotec likes this.
  6. Toyotec

Excellent and glad to help.