Scorpion 5000 Reset?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Jaundice, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

I have rather foolishly taken the battery off my girlfriends MK3 overnight to charge it, and now the alarm has packed up. [8(]

Its a bit strange as it has an immobiliser which seems to have stopped working, the little LED on the centre console is green indicating the alarm and immobiliser are disabled, but the key fob doesn't do anything. The central locking still works on the key, and you can still open all the windows by turning the key in the door and holding it.

Is there any way I can "reset" the alarm so that it works again? I think its a scorpion 5000, it has a siren attached to the N/S strut turret and the key fob has 2 buttons one to arm/disarm and one to set the bu99er off.

2. oldskooldub Forum Member

If it's the fob with the green LED. Stand next to the car, Press and hold both buttons the LED on the fob will flash rapidly don't stop pressing until the LED stops flashing, then press the arm button twice. It should respond as normal. Please know us know the outcome.

3. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

This did not work, My fob has a red LED, but I had already tried this[:^(]