220@wheels 8v engine. Hmmmmm

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Hotgolf, Apr 18, 2007.

1. seanlazyass Forum Member

Another reply:-

"its a 2.0l block bored to a 2.1 with a reground crank witch has been balanced to the fly wheel
    the head is a stage 4 big valve head with ported inlet and exhaust ports to increase the gas flow the valve are tripple cut
    its running a rally cam 283 duration with over lapping valves
    twin 45 dcoe throttle bodies dta engine management with shift light
    oil cooler, fse power boost regulator,super sprint 4 branch racing manifold 4-2-1, double valve springs.the engine will rev to 6700 it can be raised the engine has had 40k miles done on it the gar box is of a tdi mk 4 its alot stronger and the diff is the gear ratios are diferent i could change out of 4 gear doing 130 mph you can get 165mph out of it its also had a new clutch put on ive got a spare crank and bearings and 4 inlet valve are custom made if you want it you can have everything i had it running with to get the full power out of it ive got receipts witch add up to about 10,000 its been well maintained"

I honestly can't see where the 10,000 has been spent even if he didn't lift a finger. [:s]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  2. Alfa_Delta Forum Member

Point 1. 45 DCOE's are NOT throttle boddies, they are sports carburettors!

Point 2. I don't think that a "witch" would be the best person to balance a crankshaft. I notice it's been balanced to the flywheel - as opposed to balancing a crank on it's own?! You need crank, flywheel, pistons and con-rods to balance an engine.

Point 3. What on earth is a Gar Box? - Presumably it's a box full of ancient fish? If it's off a TDI then what diff/bell housing is it using? Plus is it on a cable change?! I can't see it being on a TDI bell housing and diff as when we chucked a Deisel gearbox on my g/f's Mk2 GTI, we needed to retain the GTI diff and bell housing as the TDI one didn't fit.

If it's eaten a cluch is less than 40,000 miles, I doubt it's running a suitably uprated one. Either that or it gets thrashed to within an inch of it's life everytime it gets used...

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Yeah TDis have good garboxes...
    45DCOE ITBs and crank balanced to the fly wheel plus tuned by dude from SUBERU.
    This is a serious engine...

4. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

OMG, classic thread.

I was searching for something else and found this old gem!

5. TonyB Paid Member Paid Member

Interesting! Every one has their own opinion :)