3" MK4 fitment K03/k03s style Downpipes!

Discussion in 'Trackslag.com' started by Trackslag, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Trackslag

Trackslag Forum Member Trader

I don't know if we're getting our threads/posts back so I'm doing this to get things moving again, just in case.
    The crux of the last thread was mk4 platform downpipes. K04 conversion and k03/k03s style 3".
    Pricey spoke up saying that he would be in, pending prices and availability, we mentioned that his car was looking good (check out his thread if you're into smooth)
    Anyway I'll leave it at that for now just in case we lose this one as well (I'm useless at typing lol)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  2. Admin Guest

Good work guys, nice to see your product range expanding! :thumbup:

3. priceygti Forum Member

deffo count me in for a K03(s) 3" downpipe and yes my car is getting smoother by the day lol

cheers trackslag

4. Trackslag

Thanks Smudge, we've been wanting to move on to the Mk4 platform for a while but I really wanted to get the Mk1 stuff sorted first.

Thanks Pricey, as you've committed to the K03/k03s fitment we'll be doing those first. I'll be finding a car locally over the next few weeks to do the mock up work on, so if you're reading this and you're local to Newcastle upon tyne and fancy one of these, please PM me and we'll look after you ;)
    We need to make one before we can give a firm price so please bear with us.

5. priceygti Forum Member

awesome news buddy :)

just a quick question once you have the setup complete and available for purchase, will they be able to join up with the stock 1.8t middle/back box sections or would it come with a flanged end? I can easily get my existing system adapted to a flange just wondering more than anything lol

6. Trackslag

Indeed :)
    Not everyone is as handy with the welder as you, lol
    The logical way to go with this would be to go with OEM coupling. The OEM sleeve style clamps really are very good and they're easy to use.
    That's the logical way but you never know for sure until they're being made.

7. priceygti Forum Member

Lol i'm not the greatest with the welder just good enough to do my own stuff lol

the OEM sleeve coupling would be bang tidy for me atm then i can always adapt it in the future :)

8. Trackslag

Little update. We've got a jig car lined up and another waiting in the wings, just in case!

We're still on course to have the first one or two made for the middle of next month :)

9. priceygti Forum Member

wicked news buddy

10. Trackslag

Ok, so here's the jig car.
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

And this is the downpipe which came off..

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

If you take a closer look in the next picture, you'll see from the colour of the metal that it doesn't flow at all and this is causing a hot spot down one side of the pipe.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Once that nasty thing was out of the way, it was time for this

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Finished off with a nice cone reducer bringing it back to 2.5"

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Which fits like this..

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

The price will be 225 plus p+p but as usual, we'll be offering the first 5 out of the door with free mainland postage :)
    As you've just seen, these were made on a MK4 Golf but they've got a wide range of applications. It should also fit front wheel drive A3, TT, Leon and Octavia!
    These will be ready to go in the next couple of weeks so order now to make sure you get one of the first batch.

11. priceygti Forum Member

cracking looking bit of kit there buddy, it would have been on my list this week if i hadn't broken the bora :(

12. Trackslag

Cheers mate :)

13. Trackslag

Here are the first few 3" downpipes for 1.8t 20v front wheel drive MK4 Golf, Bora, A3, Ocatavia, Seat Leon. This is an upgrade for anyone with these vehicles but the best gains will be seen by those with hybrid turbo set ups.
    As a special promotion to help get these moving, we'll be offering the first four at 195 plus 10 postage. After which they'll be 225 plus postage.
    Here's a few pics of the first batch. Pay particular attention to the shots down the inside of the pipe, where it matters :)
    This pipe is not a trinket, it's built to flow and it's built to last!
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG][​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Nige likes this.