4 point lower brace?

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by patcush27, Oct 11, 2010.

1. patcush27 New Member

i believe this is on a mk1. anyone want to shed some light on where to find more info or pics on such a piece?

[​IMG]

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Certainly not Mk1 due to wishbone design.

I think it's Polo - the guys make those subframes to stiffen up the front end of them (in which case a big block 4 cyl has been jammed in!)

I can't be sure who does them. Yoof on here may know.

3. Drag20vt Forum Member

PPP (Polo performance parts) do them for polos.

As does PPS

4. patcush27 New Member

Ah! alright thank you much! has any aftermarket company made a setup similar to this for the mk1 but in 6pt form? what i mean by that is take a eurosport 4 point lower tie bar, and then extend it to the front and run it across similar to how the old aftermarket sway bars use to mount on the frame horn bumper mounts. I can't give you a specific example on those but i have one in my garage that i dont know the manufacture. I can host a pic up tommorrow if needed. It came on a car that had 80's period correct mods.

i was laying in bed last night thinking about it and this way you could tie in not only the 4 lower control arm mounts but also tie in the frame horns and the front motor mount all to one lower subframe. any interest in an idea like this? or any reason it would be structurally unsound? [:s] off the top of my head i could think of it running into issues with the control arms or possibly the pulleys. ill check my thinking over in the morning.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  5. Rayhoop Paid Member Paid Member

If I remember correctly... I believe the late Mk1 convertibles had a similar lower strut?

6. jamesa Forum Junkie

7. patcush27 New Member

both of those are the ideas that popped into my head. now just connect the front brace to the 4pt. and thats what i have in mind. checked there website and they now have a lighter version of the front brace. the 4pt one i didnt see but eurosportacc.com sells those. being a statesman, i should be able to get both :thumbup:

out of curiousity, what bracing are you uk guys running for track days and such? anything out of the ordinary? just trying to stiffen my car up without caging it if neccessary.