60mm coilover springs - where from?

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by mickey marrows, May 16, 2016.

1. mickey marrows Forum Member

I'm struggling to find a supplier of 60mm ID coilover springs (for KW/Weitec coilovers), can anyone suggest anywhere?

2. Notso Swift Forum Member

Most Spring works will make to spec, lots cheaper, in really high rates or extremely use (like long travel) they can fatigue quicker, just testing them every now and again

Other way to go is Use 63 with a collar

3. HPR

HPR Administrator Admin

4. mickey marrows Forum Member

Thanks chaps, finding manufacturers of 60mm springs is easy, they're only a google search away, its a UK stockist/supplier I'm struggling to find. Both Demon Tweeks and Merlin used to stock 60mm, but not anymore. Faulkners will also make them for me to order but they take a few weeks. I need to try a few different sets and at 100 per spring importing H&R's is a little excessive to say the least..

5. mickey marrows Forum Member

Do you know of any such collars? I've found some Eibach ones on a US website, but can't find them on Eibachs own site...

6. Notso Swift Forum Member

Mine are from an old set of Bilstiens, but they are just a slip on that makes the perch that little bit bigger and stops the inner moving around
    Any proper suspension place (the type that can rebuild shocks with custom valving) should have them
    I use them because I can get second have 63's for about $80-$100 a pair, vs $300 for new

7. dubster67 Forum Member

Eibach 60mm id springs are still on Demon Tweeks website in their motorsport suspension section.

8. mickey marrows Forum Member

Yeah I found that on thier site yesterday too, which is odd because I couldn't find it at the weekend. Although, when it comes down to it I need to convert to 2.25" or 2.5" as I have a shelf full of them AND Faulkners is local..

Thanks for the help guys

9. aminder

aminder CGTI Committee - Webmaster Staff Member Admin

I bought 2.25" (5.715cm) last time then used a dremel and enlarged the top to fit my Koni spring cap. Took a bit of time but has been fine.