A quick hello to fellow VW lovers

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by DasDub, Feb 16, 2020.

1. DasDub New Member

Hey, thought id say hello to everyone. Have recently decided my mk2 GTi 8v need to be finished off after many years of being neglected in my garage by me, its a B reg (84) 3 door in tornado red now tornado pink unfortunately, it has the K-Jet fuel injection which kind of makes me a little worried to get sorted out as its been sitting for many years and many more from the previous owner not really getting used.
    Plan to get it all back in ship shape condition as best I can the original plan was to do an engine swap 20v turbo or a VR6 but have now decided to keep the 8v engine, have lots to do so far the list includes but is not limited to. Fuel pump replaced, Cam belt, water pump, new brakes all round, new suspension, new anti roll bar, all new bushes, all new brake pipes and hoses, all new engine hoses and fuel lines if I can source new ones, silly aftermarket alarm removed for a newer unit maybe, window regulator replaced, new headliner, new rims and tyres and then maybe a respray if funds allow if not a good clean and mop. Have plenty to be doing and I cant wait to blast around some B roads in it and annoy the neighbours with 15 minutes of warming the engine up on the drive way!

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Great news. Get into it! loads willing to give advice here.

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

We still have folks who own cars like that here and quite a few who work on them for a living, also on here.
    Get your list of "to dos" on here and someone will try to help.