ABF digifant no spark

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Tom-uk, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Tom-uk Paid Member Paid Member

hi
    I am having an issue with my mk2 ce2 ABF digifant. I converted it a few years ago and have had no trouble at all with it from the ecu side it is a mk3 wiring harness hooked up to a mk2 ce2 car and fuse box
    I drove it on to the drive and took the exhaust manifold off it to do some work on it, this was all I removed.
    Now it won’t start, I have isolated this to no spark, but there is fuel injected: fuel on plugs after cranking. I have check ecu power, grounds, continuity from ecu to coil. There is no spark directly from the coil, so it’s not the distributor or cap/ht leads or plugs. Coil was new when I did the conversion and is a Delphi one as I heard they are prone to issues...

I have scanned it with VCDS and I get peculiar issue where it is very slow to refresh measure blocks: is this normal?
    It is showing 378rpm regardless of whether the I’m cranking or not, sometimes it goes to 400+ but it won’t catch since it’s not sparking.
    No fault codes

Forgot to add, after leaving the car to rest overnight, charging the battery and spending 3 hours belling out the wires for crank sensor and coil and the 28 pin engine harness connector, I put it all back together and it started straight up and ran fine. Assuming it was something To do with the 28 pin connector Andy I had fixed it, I Left it for a bit and got in it to go for a drive an hour later and it is back to square one and won’t spark, this is when I started with the vcds

Please help!
    TIA

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020