ABF - MK2 1990 - MagnaFlow Exhaust.

Discussion in '16-valve' started by blis, Apr 20, 2015.

1. blis Forum Member

Thanks Mike,

Considering the poor quality work I have to deal with, I'll give myself a 5/10 and the workshop's a 3/10, it's not good enough in my books. I went and gave the guys that did my clutch and CVs an opportunity to build rapport and justify or remedy the rumbling driveline. But, as usual, the fingers were pulled out of their bums and pointing in all directions other than the people that removed my CV and replaced a Stinky Exedy clutch with another stinky Exedy (the same) after me being told it would be sachs. Having the young punk start with pointing his finger at my lowered 30mm, I cut him short and calmly told him what a shonky organisation they are, to install a clutch and not even adjust the cable, to be asked to change boots on my NEW CV's and have them replaced with recons and then the CV guys across the road blamed the wheel bearing, none of them took account of the fact they were handling my driveline and it's rattling.
    So be it, we live and learn, I'll call my friend over and we'll replace my drive shafts, check bearing (it was relatively new too). Will do the water pump and timing belt at the same time and while Im at it, I'll install the flange from Deutsche parts that arrived while we were at the RC Nats. Deutsche parts needs to use UPS or DHL to Aussie customers, it took 3 weeks, as does most UK mail, so it's not their fault. Sadly I also noticed one of my front wheel arches had a chunk broken off it near the spoiler, but for now, it can wait.

I really hoped it was the last time in and under for a while, but Im getting good at it and every time the front end comes off, I tidy up loose ends and Im not sure if there's anything else other than remove the sump and change oil pickup.

Sirguydo likes this.