ABF on K-jet - setting up & troubleshooting? Fixed and MOT'd!!!

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Stu, May 4, 2008.

1. Mike_H Forum Addict

Really glad to hear you got the right result in the end. Hope you get lots of pleasure out of driving it now!

2. kerrly Forum Member

looking good!!!!
    interesting to find out how you resolved your issue with the oil pressure sender as i think i have the same issue.

on the subjetc of rads - try sourcing a passat B3/ seat toledo item . They are about a quarter wider than a standard 16v and line up perfectly with the last locating hole on the left hand side of the mk2 slam panel. From what i can tell they are the same width as corrado VR6 ones but only have one fan on them and are significantly cheaper. mine cost a tenner from a toeldo 2.0 8v.

3. AlexF2003 Forum Member

Great thread!!

A good reminder that cars need 3 things to run:

Sparks
    Fuel
    COMPRESISON!

I forgot the last oen working on an MGF last year LOL

alex

4. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

Cheers Mike - it's a bit of a beast actually, goes really well! [}:)]

Thanks for the info - I will look into it if the 16v rad can't cope or for a future upgrade, seems alright now since changing the expansion tank cap :)

Cheers - surely the first thing to check on an MGF is the head gasket though for any kind of engine problem... :p :lol: