Abf sensor g71 problem

Discussion in '16-valve' started by david82, Feb 5, 2019.

1. david82 New Member

hello guys, I have a problem with my abf engine, swap golf mk1, engine has a new head and the engine has also been replaced, I tried to change 3 control unit but the g71 sensor always appears again, the timing belt was checked , the camshaft timing is ok, suction tube to the control unit and ok, it is also the valve of the brake servo ..... I do not know what to look for help !!! Sorry for my English :-)

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

The ABF manual calls for the vacuum hose to be 1 meter long, so thats worth a check. Where exactly are you putting the hose, early cars its on one of the vacuum nipples on the brake servo pipe, late it goes to the nipple on the rear of the inlet near the throttle body. if on the servo pipe, are you sure the non-return valve is on the right way round and the nipples are clear? If you pull the hose off you should get vacuum on the nipple

3. david82 New Member

thank you, the tube I did not measure it I'll light it soon, the engine and one of the first, the tube is connected to the brake servo, the valve I tried it with my mouth and I saw that it opens and closes. however, if I remember correctly with the pipe disconnected, the car turns bad

4. david82 New Member

hello I'm sorry, I would like to insert photos as I do?

5. rubjonny

you either need to host them on a 3rd party site or make a few more posts then you can upload to the forum direct :)

6. david82 New Member

hello, thank you it seems that the problem was just the length of the sensor tube of the control unit, I did a quick turn is the code did not show up, now I have another question for you, what are the two holes for the distributor, because I have the g40 code no signal can only be due to the positioning? Thanks again

7. rubjonny

line up the cam to TDC, then if required move the distributor so the rotor arm is pointed at the notch in the distributor casing :)

8. david82 New Member

but in theory the distributor is aligned with the first cylinder, but if it moves on the second holes on the head can it be that it gives a rpm sensor fault no signal?

9. rubjonny

I would expect it to be a signal out of specification error actually, its easy to check if the distributor is in the correct position anyway as I say line the cam up to the TDC marker on rocker cover and the rotor arm should also be lined up to the tdc mark.

for a no signal error I would be checking the wiring to the unit:
    1 - brown/white - round plug pin 14 - ecu pin 33
    2 - blue/green - round plug pin 18 - ecu pin 44
    3 - red/black - rounc plug pin 10 - ecu plug pin 45

10. david82 New Member

ok I will check and I will let you know thanks

11. david82 New Member

hello, at the end also the sensor g40 was broken and I replaced it finally I have no more errors in the control unit, I have one last thing to ask with vag com reading the values of the lambda probe at 80 degrees from 0.4 to 0.7V and normal or there must be a fixed value thank you

12. rubjonny

yes this is normal you should see lambda voltage vary while engine is running :)

13. david82 New Member

with the engine running at idle it varies from 0.2 to 0.4 0.7 v with the temperature at 80 degrees, while driving I did not notice