ABF'd Mk2 Scirocco Servo

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by DAMIT, Sep 23, 2018.

1. DAMIT Forum Member

My ABF'd Scirocco is running Mk2 golf discs and callipers but the servo is the original Scirocco 8 valve item, which has two big valves of some sort underneath the master cylinder which makes space a bit of a problem in that area of the engine bay.
    My question is what are the two valves below the master cylinder and can I replace the servo for a Mk2 Golf one and will this improve braking and create more room

Attached Files:

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

1. those are pressure reducing valves for your rear brakes, you need them unless you fit an aftermaket bias valve, or one under the car liek the mk1 golf has. note they can be moved if you like, make up a fresh brake line with male fitting on one side and female the other :)

2. with a 1.8 mk2 golf/corrado/passat 9" servo you can then fit a 22mm master cylinder from a 16v/corrado/passat/late polo/etc which is a common upgrade on the mk1 golf, this may help with the above issue since the outlets are on the top. original MC have 2 holes on top, new units have 4 holes up top. you'll need the mk2 fluid bottle to go with it

3. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

This is a picture of my previous set-up - mk2 Golf 16v 9"servo + 22mm m/c.

As John mentions above it has 4 outlets and my proportioning valves were screwed directly in to two of them.

Attached Files:

4. DAMIT Forum Member

Thanks very much for that, I think I have a mk2 servo lying around somewhere I will look to doing that mod soon. I've just finished doing the 02J shift tower into the 02A box mod and now the clutch cable has pulled through the ******* bulkhead and I've got a track day booked next Saturday. Is there a quick and easy mod for that ?

5. DAMIT Forum Member

Thanks for that that's a big help. Always easier with a picture . cheers

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

there are bulkhead repair panels for that, GSF did them back in the day so worth ringing local place. Theres some on ebay, or heritage:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112914912319
    https://www.vwheritage.com/171898152-bulkhead-repair-patch-for-the-clutch-cable-vw-spare

if your clutch is quite heavy you can double up the plates, though the cable could be the issue they can be quite heavy. if its a little tight you can trim the inner cable guide down slightly which can help. some cables are better than others as well, gemo is top quality or genuine if lucky enough to find on ebay.

there are a few mentioned in here, iirc some vauxhall one fits well?
    https://clubgti.com/forums/index.ph...art-numbers-with-clutch-cable-bracket.107068/

7. DAMIT Forum Member

Thanks again
    Brilliant info as usual cheers