Abs delete

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by nass, Jul 8, 2019.

1. nass Forum Member

Hi people

I have a rallye golf I've got rid of the abs and fitted 2 wildwood servos but I'm not keen on how stiff the brake pedal is now i want to fit a master cylinder and servo
    I have the non abs brake bracket that fits on the bulkhead but I'm struggling to find a lhd servo and master cylinder but have been told to buy the 90's s2 master cylinder as I' have 4 pots ap
    Any help please

Nas

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

if you are capable of modding /adjusting the rod on the servo then a rhd one can be used or a mk3 is pennys to buy ..same bolt pattern

uk /rhd master is same

3. pigbladder Forum Addict

add to that i sourced a lhd servo and still had to alter the push rod ...so would make a uk one work next time

just need a res from a car with a hyd clutch too

4. nass Forum Member

So I'll need the pedal box also for the hydraulic conversion?

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the pedal box can stay, just need the right servo bracket for LHD car + hydro clutch to mount the servo. as PB said the RHD servo will go in with some modification, basically LHD is fixed and RHD is adjustable. MK3 has a ball end, if you cut off and tap a thread can use RHD servo clevis pin.

for brake tank look at all mk3 and similar era polo/seat in scrappy, sometimes find em on poverty cars with nipple just capped off, snip the end and run your pipe job done

6. pigbladder Forum Addict

you need the non abs bracket...any 9" servo from mk2/3 (with mods to rod) mk2 gti master cly new , and fluid res from various mk3 era cars ...you orig clutch master will still work

keep the orig pedals

its pretty easy , all bolts on fine , i found the pedal sat wrong so altered the rod to suit

sounds worse than it is , not a bad job...like i say if i did it again id grab a clean mk3 9" servo and make that work vs paying alot for a mk2 one...the only difference between lhd/rhd /mk2/3 is the rod..if you can change that then youre laughing

7. nass Forum Member

Thanks guys

I have the non abs bracket already
    I've managed to track down a lhd 9" servo
    Been told to put a Audi s2 master cylinder as its 24.5mm and will help the 4 pots ap calipers

Nas

8. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

theres also a non-abs T4 one you can use which is 25mm, part number is 7D0611019A

9. nass Forum Member

Even better
    Thanks