AGU WIRING LOOM MELTED AGAINST EXHAUST PLS HELP

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Darren.D, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Darren.D New Member

Hi guys,
    Just signed up here so hello to all!
    Owner of various mk2s for yeeeeaaaarrssss, anyway that’s me. So...

So I’ve been struggling to get my AGU 20vT (golfmk2) up and running due to the fact part of the wiring loom melted against the exhaust or something really hot down there. So lucky it only burnt through 4 wires, unlucky 3 of the 4 wires are the same colour purple and black. There are a total 4 purple and black in this loom each one connecting to a coil pack, and where they come from is the ECU. Now what I need to identify is which coil via the purple and black wire connects to what pin in the ECU so I can connect my 3 burnt purple and black wires to the correct purple and black wire.
    Any help what so ever would be appreciated :)
    Thanks

2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

You need a member called Rubjonny, he builds looms etc, he will answer your issue.

I don't think he's around on the weekend though.

Darren.D likes this.
  3. Darren.D New Member

Thanks for the quick response.

Does anyone have a AGU wiring loom and a multimeter kicking about ? It’ll be a simple 5min test if you do :))

If not I’ll hang about Rubjonny

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

the purple/black to coilpack pin 3 is the common live to all 4 coilpacks, should be connected together then fed to T10 or 14a plug pin 8. tbh depending how the loom is built it may be easier to replace it with another