Another stripping a car thread... Advice please

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Tristan, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

I have a Passat donor vehicle outside the house, in the crazy modern world it was easier and cheaper to buy a complete driving car than just an engine and box.

However, I want to get rid of it from outside the house now.

Engine and box obviously I'm keeping, probably the engine harness too, even though it will be ran by an Omex or similar.
    Any suggestions for what else is worth keeping?
    The bloomin' thing is quite tidy (B6, 2006) but no one in my immediate friends or family has one.
    Anything useful on them that could make it's way onto a mk2?

2. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Not sure how similar to an audi a4 they are, but check front calipers as the audi has 57mm piston as opposed to 54 and fit the 288 or 312 mk4 style carriers, thanks to @Joe_Pineapples for putting me onto them.
    Rear brake hose is the ones to convert to mk4 rear calipers too I believe.
    Can't think of anything else off top of head.

Tristan likes this.
  3. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

as above, when i broke a V6, brakes depending on your wheels, if not they usually sell, keep engine looms even if it is for your conversion, Lambda sensors if they still work?

i sold the airbag. bits of interior, clock set, wing mirror and lights and the Cat or Cats.it all helped offset the cost and made no difference to the scrap man when he took it away.

its worth a few pictures in the facebook groups, once i had my parts i let people come and strip their bits off that they wanted. did take any of my time and got me a few quid.

Tristan likes this.