anti theft

Discussion in 'Security' started by wishboneash, Jan 6, 2019.

1. wishboneash Paid Member Paid Member

Hi all

Just seeking some advice and thoughts how to hang on to our fully restored March 1984 Mk2 Gti.

Some of you will have seen my other posts, and she's nearly ready for back on the road, this month or next.
    Have heard bits and pieces, but no clear idea of what might be best, prices, Thatcham ? , immobiliser, Krooklock (remember them !), or some mechanical device of the like etc. etc.....
    I'm in Essex if anyone knows a good firm for fitting.

Also, will want to attend some Club Gti events and other events etc, from I guess the spring onwards, in the old (now new) girl...

Whats good to go to, especially with fellow members....

TVM

2. bigeyd Forum Member

Hi Ash
    Autowatch Ghost [:D] on a serious note iirc the door locks have no protection also the windows,maybe I am too deep in beer but I do remember people plating around the door locks and getting better ones and also plexiglass.

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

4. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

I have that Toad on my Mk2 Scirocco, also a Disklok. And a Volvo XC60 blocking it in. And a Merc blocking both cars in.