Anybody familiar with easimap software?

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Adz25, May 17, 2018.

1. Adz25 New Member

Looking for a little help please.....My mk1 1.8t running MBE992 is playing up..

It runs fine 90% of the time, but recently is starting to play up, intermittently run very lumpy, sometimes the fuel pump cuts out, its all very random! Tonight while trying to make it fail while plugged in, half way through a full throttle run it momentarily died, then popped, then back to fine again in a microsecond.

I have plugged it into easimap to see if I can see whats happening. It all looks ok except the tps fuel + trim flickers for a fraction of a second to yellow, at all throttle positions when running. It happens so quick i have had to film it to figure out what it says........

! TPS fuel + trim bank 1 !

Is it likely to be the tps starting to fail or the ecu failing? Im not a tuner so dont want to mess with the settings!

Hope you can help as its been a tough year so far with the old girl. Shame as the last 2 years have been fine!

Thanks

Adam

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

It could be an electrical fault how have you wired up the main ecu power and earths? watch the clocks like a hawk when it plays up, possibly the ignition switch is starting to break down.

mine started to drop the ignition power on and off in a mad cycle one time doing 'motorway speeds' in the fast lane, that was certainly interesting :lol:

3. Adz25 New Member

Cheers for the reply RJ,

So I made my own loom, crimped all connection with the correct tools from work and its been fine for 2 years! I have wired via 2 seperate relays, one for the ecu and injectors, and one for the fuel pumps and lambda heat. All wires go from the relays through individual fuses on a fuse rail.

The fuel pumps went down for 15 seconds or so yesterday and i could hear the relay switch back on as they fired back up. The dash was lit up fine as it was getting dark and the lights were on. But during the runs where she pops and bangs i can clearly hear the fuel pump and its not pulsing at all. Its in the boot so very loud and any fluctuations can be heard.

Will take a look at the ignition switch!

Cheers

Adam

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I have all the software including the special a2l Ben used for the MBE992.

5. Adz25 New Member

If i get to a dead end sensor wise, would you be able to take a look at the ecu using the software you have at a greater depth than the easimap software then at all please?

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

I wouldnt have thought tps would be the cause of this, it might mess up the map but I doubt it would cause the ecu to cut the fuel relay as you describe. it might be a fault on the ecu board as well I suppose, maybe a dry joint on the fuel trigger pin or something? does the screen you were looking at show engine rpm, possibly crank/cam sensor is starting to go that would cause the fuel relay to cut if it cant see engine speed

wiring wise if the clocks were fine your ignition switch is ok, have a look at the ignition triggers from fusebox to the relays plus the trigger wire from the ecu to the fuel relay. as good general loom check over is worth doing, look at your earth points, power feeds and such look for any areas it may have chafed on the bodywork etc.

7. Toyotec

Does not work like that with MBE systems hence the reason why my response was short.

8. J16DUB New Member

sorry to hijack but does a cable throttle need to be calibrated to the map?

is there a way you can tell easimap what open and closed throttle are?

i seem to remember ben used to talk about having the throttle body calibrated for each car....what did he do? how did he match them?

hello btw....havent posted her for quite some time [eek]

9. Toyotec

Morning.

The answer is yes.

10. J16DUB New Member

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018