ARX, oem alternative ecu’s

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Rossco_, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Rossco_ New Member

Hi all I have an ARX 20vt in my mk1 golf running on an Mba ecu courtesy of a Quentin conversion kit.

I’ve had a few car with that ecu in it and while it runs fine it lacks some modern day niceties like cold start, knock control and OBD reading.

I want to covert it back to OEM but I’m having no luck finding an ARX ecu and loom so I’m wondering if there’s a more common engine code that shares its ecu and loom with it?

Any help appreciated, I’m hoping to also convert it to DBW as part of that as I understand that’s how it would have been setup originally?

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Newer SEM ECUs can have diagnostics, my MaxxEcu definitely does. And has knock, cold start etc

3. Rossco_ New Member

Oh absolutely, I think if I can’t get an OEM solution then I’m going to go full hog and fit a haltech. As far as I can see they are brilliant for the coin.

Was hoping that an oem ECU and loom would be a cheap but well functioned alternative

4. Rossco_ New Member

843C9B77-60D7-4A2B-9DA8-7B262BC53631.png
    So according to this it uses the same ECU and presumably loom as an AUM engine. Just in case anyone else needs that info