Audi TT BAM fault codes - P0012, P1297, P1200, P0130

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by mr.brown, Sep 4, 2018.

1. mr.brown

mr.brown Paid Member Paid Member

16396 - Bank 1: Camshaft A (Intake): Advance Setpoint not Reached (Over-Retarded)
    P0012 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

From searching I gather this is to do with the VVT unit sticking or not working. Drop sump, clean pick-up, change oil. If not, I have a couple of VVT units and chain.

17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)
    P1297 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
    17608 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Mechanical Malfunction
    P1200 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I gather this may be to do with the Forge DV that's been fitted - and is now 11 years old. The plan here is to change the DV for standard and check all vacuum hoses for condition/leaks. If it persists then check/replace the N249.

16514 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Malfunction in Circuit
    P0130 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

The p.o. had the same code 2 months ago and had a new lambda sensor fitted (I have the receipt). I think I'm correct in assuming that the above code is from the pre-cat sensor? It's entirely possible the garage replaced the wrong one or the new one has failed.

Grateful for any input on the above - especially if I'm very obviously barking up the wrong tree :thumbup:

Cheers

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  2. mr.brown

OK, so the garage must have changed the post-cat sensor as the pre-cat was definitely a lot older than 2 months. Anyhow, new Bosch lambda fitted and DV changed to standard. Seems OK.

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Is it fixed now?

4. mr.brown

I took it on a 15 mile round trip today and checked the fault codes - none present :thumbup:

5. Desertstorm

Desertstorm Paid Member Paid Member

Good job, won't be long before something else pops up though I am sure. The Forge dump valves need servicing every now and then to keep them working correctly.

6. mr.brown

I'm sure there will be lots more going wrong :). By coincidence I was building a K04'd AUM on the side so I have virtually every sender and sensor for a BAM - all brand new[:D]