audi twin pots grliing 60

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by mk2redvr6, Apr 2, 2015.

1. mk2redvr6 Forum Member

Hi guys I do a few track days in my mk2 vr6 and have just upgraded to Audi twin pots on the front running 280 discs am after a good set of track pads it's not a road car just track only ran yellowstuff in my g60 but can't seem to finds any heard minted m1155 there do but won't mind orange stuff or something that are worth the money
    Any help please

2. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

If you do an advanced search you will find lots of people who are using the 90 20V brakes on golfs.
    If the information you need is is not there you could always PM the people involved.

Here's a couple I contributed to.

http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?260012-Brake-question&highlight=mintex

http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?228341-Audi-S2-Brakes-on-a-Mk2-Golf-Photos!&highlight=mintex

What interests me is if the pads you have found are correct ones for the twin pots?
    Twin pot pads ahve two separate friction blocks on each backing plate.
    Every time I search the only pads that listed show a picture with just a single friction block.
    These are for single piston calipers using the same backing plate.

3. mk2redvr6 Forum Member

Thanks mate

4. mk2redvr6 Forum Member

Does anyone know the part number for yellow stuff pads for these calipers there don't do many pad options and any pics of possible please

5. Dave

I believe you will find that DP4711R are yellow stuff. But please don't just take my word for it and make sure before you buy.

But. I am sure that they will be the type of pad with just a single friction area not the two separate areas which is correct.

[​IMG]

6. Dave

Someone appears to know the correct form!

[​IMG]

7. mk2redvr6 Forum Member

Cheers Dave