Bam in a Corrado how hard is it ?

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by white_gti 8v, Feb 12, 2015.

1. white_gti 8v Forum Member

Hi guys since I've done my car a mk2 apx conversion my dads be bugging me about doing another conversion but this time in a Corrado

My question is how hard is the conversion and is it similar to the conversion on a mk2 golf ?

I want to use a 02j diesel box this time though will the 100mm driveshafts fit the same as the mk2 ?

Are the engine mounts the same as mk2 golf ??

I'll be honest I know nothing about Corrado and the subframe a they use lol

I know the wiring will be ok as it's a ce2 fusebox and the pedal box will be a straight fit
    If not already hydro

Any other issues that may be different to the mk2 conversion ?

Paul

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

corrado = mk2 golf with nice coupe body on so everything u read about mk2 swap applies :)

the handy thing about the rado is it already has an 02a gearbox, cable shift and hydro clutch so going 02j is easy, just need to put the shifter to the car. If its a 4 cylinder corrado it uses a mk2 subframe and all the old engine brackets are perfect for a 20v swap also so you're quids in. iof its a vr6 then it uses mk3 style subframe (but specific to the corrado so worth a few bob!) the front and rear engine brackets are no good though. you can either swap to mk2 subframe and rear bracket or fit MK3/seat 16v/TDI bracket and keep the rado vr6 sibframe (my preference) the front engine carrier is also MK3 Golf mount type so regardless of what you do about the subframe you'll need a mk3/seat 16v or tdi front engien bracket, again unless you fit a mk2 golf front engien carrier then you can use the corrado 4 cylinder and g60 bracket. I would stick with mk3 stuff, but again the front corrado vr6 engine carrier is worth a few bob as its ideal for mk2 owners who want to put a 5/6 pot lump in.

other thing to check is there are 108mm flanges on some 02j boxes, chances are you can use the flanges off the corrado box but double check they are same type. all rado use 100mm shafts regardless of engine :)

mat-mk3 and Richard Mk2 like this.