Bloody thieves - clubsport s seats stolen

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by GVK, May 8, 2019.

1. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Was just reading on another forum that a guy's clubsport s was broken into and seats stolen.

They smashed the window, removed rear view mirror and roof console, doors remained locked but they removed the seats through the broken window.

Question is who are the biggest thieves? VW want £12500... yes TWELVE AND HALF THOUSAND POUNDS for a pair of seats!!

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

blimey :o

Reminds me of a pro tip I picked up on here many years ago, put a padlock thru the limit stop of your seats to make it that much harder for the bastards to nick your seats

3. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

I don't care how many components or how hard the seats are to build, there's simply NO way they can cost 12,5k. Either VW or more likely the seat manufacturer is fully taking the p1ss.

4. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Tristan, I know a seat cover for my ed30 is £800, so that's £3200 for both seats without the frames,cushions, etc etc

5. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Vw might charge 800, but what does it coat them? I know they need to make a profit, but I find it difficult to believe they haven't 500% at least on that.