Boot build sticker

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by g11per, Jul 28, 2018.

1. g11per

g11per Paid Member Paid Member

looking to get boot painted but as i am trying to keep my golf restoration as original as possible want to retain the build sticker in the boot. Its not in the best of shape and a little faded so want best way to protect it while getting painted or does anyone know where i could get a reproduction done?

2. GtSpec

GtSpec Forum Member

You could steam it off, scan it and get a decal company to print you a vinyl repro?

3. valvemiester

valvemiester Paid Member Paid Member

The boot sticker in my mk2 was looking pretty tatty so I cut a piece of Fallon to size and carefully stuck it on the sticker to protect it from further damage as the pair was generally good in the boot around the sticker I then masked it and flatter the paint in the boot and blew it over with aerosols just to tidy it up but at least I still have my boot sticker

4. g11per

g11per Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks folks, 2 good ideas although i dont think my one will steam of but i will take photo and see if i can get a repro but will also try covering it and painting around it. Cheers

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

g11per likes this.