Brake Servo Access

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Max Wailes, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Max Wailes New Member

I’m trying to replace the servo vacuum hose but having trouble getting the old one to come out because of its location and how tightly stuck in it seems to be. Tried prying it out but it’s in behind everything and I can’t get a good angle on it (or it’s just stronger than I am). Seems like I could take the master cylinder off and move it just enough with the brake lines still attached that I could get at the hose with some grips but I’m unsure, quite new to this whole thing!

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

What car?

3. Max Wailes New Member

Sorry forgot to mention; 1990 Driver 1.6

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yeah just needs a good solid tug, maybe try a screwdriver levering behind wrapped in a cloth or something

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

if you're carefull you can pull the master cylinder forward off the brake servo without opening the hydraulic system, need to carefully unclip the pipes form the clips on the wing and bulkhead

6. Max Wailes New Member

Thank you for the info, unfortunately I was in a rush and didn’t realise the brake lines clipped into the wing/bulkhead and took them out of the master instead, needed a bleed anyway so no harm.

I’ll remember though for next time now!