Can RJ help me got big wiring problems with my lights,

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by Mk1lewis, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Mk1lewis New Member

hi, I’ve just restored my d reg caddy and now I’ve come to getting all the lights working correctly and I’m having a real mare over it, got all front lights working perfectly apart from drivers side indercatior, literally can’t get anything at all, passengers side works perfectly but doesn’t even light up on the dash for divers side almost like it’s the stalk not working properly, and now to the real problem I have no rear lights what so ever... only the passenger side indercatior please help before I sell it

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

does the left side come on with the hazard lights?

for the rear check the earths are good as well as all the spade connections which joins the rear wiring looms to the tail bulb wiring, check bulb trays are clean as well I had a real fun time on my cabrio as the bulb trays were both rusty and full of overspray from the terrible paint job :lol:

3. Mk1lewis New Member

No the hazards don’t really do anything the light come on the dash but it isn’t flashing and isn’t working on the outside and thank you will check them

4. rubjonny

has the hazard switch come apart in the past, if so you might be missing a spring or a contact inside as they like to explode everywhere. check fuse 4 for the hazard lights too. on the various plugs brown is your earth and should have continuity to ground, check the spades inside the plugs as they're unsealed so corrode.

on the back of the fusebox on the white engine loom D plug make sure the brown wire with spade on it is connected to the white 4 way earth block on the headlight loom:
    earthblock.jpg

5. Mk1lewis New Member

Thank you mate! Got hazards clicking at me and flashing as they should on the dash but for some reason still no drivers side indercatior! They have power there but the builb isnt illuminating.. (front and rear drivers side) and can’t seam to get any brake lights, got all other lights to the rear so far tho

6. rubjonny

sounds like bad earth, did you check across the pins or from live side to battery

for brake light switch either got 2 on master or you'll probably have a pedal mounted switch, the red/yellow should be permanent live. either way the switch loom plugs into a 2 pin plug hanging off the back of the yellow headlight loom, red/black and red/yellow