Castle Combe Bank Holiday Monday = Badger5 Came 2nd overall & 1st in class

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by fthaimike, Aug 26, 2007.

1. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

2. fthaimike Forum Addict

I realy enjoyed watching, i was telling Sue who i was with (big F1 junkie) which car was yours & i had butterflies watching the race :lol: .

She said it was the best race of the day esp watching the 1st few laps at Quarry [:D] .

Anyway i did this & thought it would make you laugh:

[​IMG]

3. badger5

hehe, thanks for that.
    nice one

4. fthaimike Forum Addict

Here you go Bill:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^^^^^^ look no suspension ^^^^^^ :lol:

5. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Nice one Bill :clap: :clap: :clap: you can alter the wiring for the brake light switch so they work but it will enable you to left foot brake without knocking the power off.

Winners car looks like it needs some new rear springs :lol:

6. badger5

Cheers Daz.. 2 switches one does lights and one tells ecu... is it disconnect the ecu on to allow lfb? (implausable signal code afterwards, but thats not a concern as my dash is lit up like a christmas tree anyhows..)

It felt a bit top heavy in that honda parade car... several "big, heavy" blokes in the back of it.. lol... we should have leaned into the corners on the back. :lol:

7. badger5

the accident you caught on camera mike, was in part caused by dolly being stuck behind ballards evo, quick but not. dolly thought his new engine was maybe leaking some fluids which caused the 1/2 spin, and in such close proximity, others had no where to go.. unlucky for all involved.

8. fthaimike Forum Addict

I noticed some of my pics if you click on them they get slightly bigger (well on my pc anyway).
    Sorry about the quality but it's an old 2.1mp camera.

9. vrbanana Forum Junkie

If the switch is disconnected it will come up with implausible signal, needs to be hard wired. If you need the wiring diagrams PM me with full vehicle details, I have the full dealer wiring diagrams

10. badger5

some snaps from quali on monday

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the man to beat, leading class B. Mark Wyatts superb Astra.
    [​IMG]

11. fthaimike Forum Addict

Cool pics, wish i could afford a camera like that.
    (1st pic mind looks like the sun sneaked in a bit [:$] ).

Bit better (clicky):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  12. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Just had a proper read - nice write up, all action stuff. Way inside the ballpark now so all good. Interesting about the rear ARB - assume that's tightened things up. Reckon it may have contributed to qualifying tail happiness?

Sat here wondering about the respect the early leaders seem to be showing for each other though. No need tbh.

13. fthaimike Forum Addict

14. badger5

no m8, camera man was spot on, I adjusted gamma as the wheels were'nt visible.. twos me that made it look sunstroked (is that a word?)

15. badger5

The turn right was under braking chris, although whilst I was struggling with it early on in quali thinking OMG what have I done to my handling, the rear beam bushes and stifgfer rear ARB did cross my mind. It was a brake imbalance I think caused by me fitting new front disks, and used front pads (balls up on my part running out of new pads) and running worn out rears, but still working rears relative to fronts on those first laps. I had only popped out to refuel on sunday, so the new fronts were'nt bedded in, and the rears worked better... right turn clyde under braking. DOH! caught the quarry one, did'nt catch the tower one.. it shook my confidence at that point tho I have to say... as the other mods were in the front of my mind...

the brakes settled down and I could push further during quali. enough for p2 in class on a reasonable time for me. during the race tho, I did start to suffer a long brake pedal which I never get, so used Pf01 carbon metallics were'nt working like me trusty Ds3000's did, putting too much heat into the system... new pads here now so will be fresh for next race.

rear arb..... well I can't tell a difference would you believe!
    rear bushes yes.. deffo... as thru folly it used to bobble diagonally front rear thru there... still flat but it was "hang on" and hope doing so.. now drives thru there with minimal "scare" factor... just the combe undulations pitching it slightly.. friends told me it looked far more stable thru there.. which was how it felt to me inside.

rear arb, I thought would make it turn in sharper, but that did'nt feel any better to me..
    maybe my tyres are past their best... they are well worn, so need to rotate them on the rims to eak some more life out of them. only got 2 more new ones, then thats it.. no more S03's ever. (out of production, no longer available)

16. fthaimike Forum Addict

That's the only problem with black wheels Bill & the sun was behind the subject so harder still.

& if you make adjustments via photoshop they don't quite look right:
    [​IMG]

17. jamesa Forum Junkie

Superb result .... :clap:

18. vegabass Forum Member

Great result, sounds like you're in with a chance of winning the championship for your class. good luck! :)

19. badger5

2 points and 2 rounds to go.... (you just know stuffs going to break now - lol)

The mods & fettling continue. Must go faster.