CE1--> ABF splicing of looms Help

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Patttt, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Patttt New Member

Got to wait a few days for that to be delivered then! If that doesn't tell me what is wrong, I'm very tempted to buy a 16v k-jet metering head and air inlet, loom etc and shove it back on k-jet!

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

send me the loom worst case, i'll give it a once over

3. Patttt New Member

Cheers rj that'd be very helpful! Vagcom has now arrived but lo and behold laptop charger broke (my luck) so waiting for a new one. I think if it comes to sending you the loom for a once over I will also send the ecu if that's okay? If im correct in thinking you could try it on your abf?

4. rubjonny

yeah sure thats fine, if its immob unit send me the immob box and chip too so i can make sure they're matched and coded

5. Patttt New Member

Well I attatched the diagnostics, and set it up etc. Went to scan and it wouldn't connect, even tried all the seat cordoba/ ibiza ones incase it was from them. So I think ecu is dead, have packaged it up with immob box and key so will send that to you as I don't think loom is to blame. If it turns out ecu is fine then I will send loom over seeing as already paid you for your services! :thumbup:

6. rubjonny

i wouldnt have thought the ecu is to blame but you never know! main thing id double check first is the main earth spade for the fusebox on the engine loom is connected to the battery earth wire on the lighting loom. easy to put this to the earth claw by mistake!

7. Patttt New Member

Is number 2 the earth you mention for the fusebox that needs connecting to point 3?
    wiringearth.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2018
  8. rubjonny

yes point 3 is the main earth from the battery, but by the looks of it you have an earth from there to your spade claw anyway so it should work as is. but you are supposed to run the engine loom earth spade direct to that junction box for a better earth path.

i can see the 2 main live spades to the fusebox, but i cant see the ecu relay live spade plugged in next to it? might be being blind tho

9. Patttt New Member

I put it into the battery earth socket and still the same non starting issue. The live is the green/blk wire, I re-used it as it had a spade the perfect size!

I'm going to admit defeat and buy a CE2 mk2 gti and a whole mk3 donor methinks, looks alot easier haha. Plus would like a base that has MOT etc so I know everything works! Will go ahead and send you the loom and ecu over at some point aswell to check they're fine. Cheers

10. Joshyboy New Member

Did this ever get sorted?

11. crezz Forum Member

More plugs in ABF loom:

Horn:
    temporary_zps05b9abf1.jpg

brake fluid level sensor:
    temporary_zps32d6dec1.jpg

carbon canister:
    temporary_zps57aad17b.jpg

headlight plug:
    temporary_zps224c0dbb.jpg

lambda probe:
    temporary_zpsfc88effb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2020
  12. danizeu1337 New Member

Hello, anyone swaping TDIs with ce1 fusebox? I need some help to figure it out what i should do to make it run

13. rubjonny

its basically the same as ABF, main thing for the ECU relay its a 109 so only 3 pins to worry about. 30 to live, 87 to g1/10 and 85 to g1/7.

Z1 is your glowplug power, still fits to N once the clip is trimmed off the side and works fine once you fit the glowplug relay to slot 2 then wire g1/3 to d/13 same as you would on a petrol

14. danizeu1337 New Member

And how about the imobilizer?

15. rubjonny

easy peasy, get the full loom if you can. black to ignition live, brown to earth, grey to diagnostics port, grey/white to ecu diagnostics wire. if you get a complete loom the earths have a ring terminal you put to the stud on A pillar, the ecu wire plugs straight into ewcu loom, diagnostics port wire plugs into diagnostics jumper block. see here:
    https://www.clubgti.com/forums/inde...cing-of-looms-help.249714/page-2#post-2182668

danizeu1337 likes this.