CE2 Connectors

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by Jja081196, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Jja081196 New Member

Hi Guys.

Im after CE2 Connectors G1 & G2 for my 1.8t swap, unfortunately I cant seem to find any without purchasing a whole loom, does anyone know any other models that had these connectors so I can try a scrappers, know of anywhere that sells them or anyone has any kicking about spare that I cant purchase?

It really is halting he build and for what I need I dont really want to spend upwards of 90 just for some connectors, if anyone can help itd be massively appreciated!

Thanks
    Jake

2. DN5

DN5 Paid Member Paid Member

I'll check my box of loom stuff this morning and get back to you. Are you de pinning or do you need wire to solder onto?

Rich

3. Jja081196 New Member

Hi Rich

That would be really appreciated! Thanks! I will most likely be soldering but if there arent any with wire and I have to repin the plugs it shouldnt be a problem, as far as Im aware I should only need G1 & G2 to connect my Vagtronics loom up to the body, unless anyone knows of any others I might need?

Cheers rich!
    Kind Regards
    Jake

4. DN5

I'm not clued up with vagtronics to be fair but if there's any others then I have a box full of chopped off plugs and half looms!

I'll nip out now and have a look for you.

Cheers

5. DN5

rsz_20180327_083008.jpg

I can cut off with as much wire as you need because the loom they are attached to has been butchered from the engine side lol
    I'll cut around 10 inches ok?

6. Jja081196 New Member

That would be great!! Thank you so much!! Your a life saver!! 10inches would Be more than enough! How much do I owe you?

I am at work at the moment so without looking at the loom I cant remeber exactly which wires are used but I know I need G1 & G2 for sure, if I end up needing an other plugs would it be okay to get hold of you again?

Cheers!
    Jake

7. Jja081196 New Member

Im sure I need all the white plugs relevant to engine management, do you know if there are any more?

8. DN5

There are 3 white plugs that relate to engine compartment / management.
    I have all 3 if you need them.

The other white plug is wiper harness. Not certain I have this but possibly.

Of course if you find you're stuck again just PM me. I have all my wiring sorted now so just kept these as spares.

I'll drop a message your way with my PayPal for the postage costs...not bothered about making money from these - it'll help you get up and running too :thumbup:

Rich.

9. Jja081196 New Member

If you could send all 3 that would be great! Drop me a pm and well sort postage and PayPal! Cheers Rich, your a life saver! This really was halting my build, I wanted to use original connectors instead of making bodge connections, cheers for your help!!

Jake

10. DN5

Oh and with regards to what wires are in the plugs - I think this loom is from a Mk2 8v Gti or maybe 16v Gti so the wiring/pinout will relate to those vehicles with nothing missing. Hope this is ok for your platform.

11. DN5

No sweat :)

12. Jja081196 New Member

Thats no problem, i will be going by pin numbers rather than wire colours so shouldnt be an issue

13. DN5

Got the PayPal thanks. Send me your postage details and I'll get these sent. Cheers

14. DN5

All posted off this morning and didn't cost as much as you paid so left me enough for a beer [8D]

First class signed for. Have fun!

15. Jja081196 New Member

Awesome! Nice one mate! Hope you enjoyed the cold one on me! Cheers for sorting my issues!

16. DN5

Did these arrive buddy?