central heating pump gets noisy when hot and keep getting air in the system

Discussion in 'Garages, workshops & DIY' started by M7R, Jan 27, 2012.

1. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

I have out up with this for a year now since buying my house, but a mate has confimred it isn't right.

The pump always make a bubbly swooth sloshy water sound when the heating kicks in and keeps making anoise while running.

Last year not long after moving in I changed most of the 60s rads for new more efficent ones, as the boiler was fitted in 2008 along with a new hot water tank, its a Viseman 100 iirc. I mentioned to my mate the pump was noisey and I keep getting air in 2 upstairs rads and he said it sounds like the pumps canatating and to turn it up to 3. So tonight I part drained the system while cold, removed all the air, added feronax to stop it all furring up, re bled then cracked up the pump and it was silent! It lasted till the boiler stat said it was mid 40s then the air noise in pump seemed to come back, so anyone have any Ideas?

2. M7R

M7R CGTI Regional Host

been on a plumbing forum this eve, so hopefully we will find out

3. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

more of a noisy, wooshing noise when the pump is turned up to setting 3 is normally too high and some sort of pressure lack off flow sort of noise
    I have a noisy pump, quite after stripping & cleaning the its better untill it's replaced

4. andipandi Paid Member Paid Member

when mine used to make those noises the pump speed was to high and the hot water temp from the boiler was too hight, both i changed and after a day or two the problem was cured,