Clutch slave cylinder

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by watercooled, May 25, 2021.

1. watercooled Forum Member

Removed clutch slave cylinder and it can't be rebuilt as the piston bore is pitted,frankly amazed it worked @ all ,also found the hose had a large bubble in it and was due to pop...this engine conversion is turning into a resto @ this rate,oh well its an old car anyway.
    My question is what other model VWs use this part ?,the reason I ask is I need to increase my options for ordering a new one,Corrado's are rather rare here in my country and all most every parts place give you a blank look when you mention that model.
    A part number would also be a help,TIA.

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Should be a part number stamped into it?

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

corrado & passat share the same cylinder, theres early and late version though plus RHD and LHD differ. if its early LHD then its also same as Golf G60

Though you can fit a LHD master to RHD pedal box, only the hose outlet positions change slightly. you cant use a mk3 master on late pedal box though, even though it looks similar. the rod length isnt the same

4. watercooled Forum Member

Oh ok ,assumed that was a casting number,cheers.

5. watercooled Forum Member

Purchased FTE brand (Valeo) one made in Germany part # 357 721 261A,fits and appears to be well made,has alloy body as opposed to cast iron,cheers.