Clutch slipping and suddenly engaged ?!?

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by Hummel, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Hummel New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm a bit lost here! Short intro Story. Changed from lightweight flywheel to original due to vibration (that helped), BUT as I did. The clutch is now fighting me.

The Issue: When doing Hard/fast gear change and full throttle causing the clutch to slip for 2-3 sec. and then you feel a "clonk" when the clutch engages fully, like there is some lack on it ?! When slipping it is about 50% engaged, so it is not fully disengaged, if this make sense? Normally driving it feels fine, clutch "point?" is about in the middle of the pedal motion and bleeded the system alot!, I dont think it is air issue...

I thought, must be one of the cylinders right, so I changed both and the issue is the same upload_2021-3-1_22-29-45.gif

Next idea is to remove the gearbox again and check, but to be honest I have no clue on what to look for ? Could it be that the clutch plate is "stuck" on the highspeed shaft, and when I shift fast it lack to be engaged on both side, and then suddenly it falls in position and fully engages ? I don't know?

Anyone have anything to comment on this issue? I searched multiple forums and can't find anything related.

The clutch is brand new.

Gearbox 02A and stock cylinders with a custom copper line between (and no, I don't think it is the line between)

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Sounds like either the clutch isn't sliding on the splines, or the pressure plate is failing.