Corrado 2.0 16v scanning problems

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by George Lee, Jan 30, 2018.

1. George Lee New Member

After some help with my carrado 1992. Abs light is on and trying to figure out what's the problem. This is what I'm using

[​IMG]

So connected to the car and then I got this

[​IMG]

Anyone had problems like this before, is there something special I need to do ? Any advice and help would be much appreciated as I'm trying to get it ready for mot

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

I have had success in connecting with both the ABS and engine controllers on the 9A Corrado. But I only did so when using VCDS on a laptop. Furthermore, I discovered a reason why a lot of the cheap OBD interfaces possibly don't work well with (or even detect) the 9A ECU. It was a while back, but it was necessary for me to weaken the value of the pull-up resistor inside the interface (in my case one of the cheapo blue eBay ones) on either the K or the L line to get it to work.

I appreciate that this may not be so helpful, but the best I can say is to try to get hold of VCDS and a good USB OBD interface.

Are you anywhere near Oxfordshire or Gloucestershire?

3. George Lee New Member

Thanks for your reply

Yeah I'm going to have to try and get someone with VCDS. It's been off the road for 2 years and the discs and pads are shot. So I'm going to start there and see of there is anything obvious untill I can get it scanned.

4. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Incidentally our 9A Corrado has decided to illuminate its ABS light constantly since it has been stood for a long time, so I need to exactly the same.

5. George Lee New Member

I tried scanning with vagcom and it wouldn't read abs ecu. Don't think it supports data transfer only blink code

[​IMG]