Corrado VR6 rear beam bushes on a Golf MK2?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by NateS2, Mar 8, 2020.

1. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

As in the the title, does anyone know if this is possible?

The non-VR6 Corrado's and all 2WD Golf's use part: 191 501 541, which is a normal bonded rubber bush.
    However, the Corrado VR6 uses: 1H0 501 541 A. This is also described as a "bonded rubber bush", however it is more expensive and looks different to the other part. It apparently implements VW's "Track correcting system" by having some wedges inside it that change how the beam moves.
    There isn't really a consensus on what it does but most people agree it allows a certain amount of lateral movement and creates a sort of passive rear wheel steering effect which is noticeable?

Any information would be much appreciated! I think it could be interesting to try

2. 2swe Forum Member

MK2 golfs and 4 cylinder corrados use the same rear beam dushes with 44,5mm outside diameter
    MK3 golfs and VR6 corrados use the same bushes with 56mm outside diameter..

NateS2 likes this.
  3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

mk2 and mk3 type bushes samimilar basic design with track correction just the mk3/vr6 ones are slightly beefier. early mk3 often have mk2 bushes fitted as well, so always measure what you have before you buy

NateS2 likes this.
  4. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

Ahh okay, thank you! I thought it odd that the MK2 bush didn't do track correction, because that would be the only for it to have the odd shape that it has. But obviously it does. I'll have a measure of the beam tonight and get the correct Lemforder parts ordered!