Cutting out.... n reg mk3 driver

Discussion in '8-valve' started by bexindevon, Aug 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bexindevon New Member

Ok guys and girls, this is my first post so please bear with me!

I acquired a mk3 1.8 driver just before xmas, recently it has started cutting out after starting on the odd occasion - here is no pattern as to when this happens, it just does it sometimes! Its like shes struggling to keep the revs up, they just drop and she cuts out. She starts up fine if I then turn the key whilst revving the engine a little bit, slowly releasing the accelerator until my foot is no longer touching it! Been meaning to have a little dig about but work is currently taking over my life and ive not had time just yet - any ideas?

Any input much appreciated :thumbup:

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

1st thign is get diagnostics plugged in, check for fault codes and read thru the ecu measuring blocks see if any of the sensors are reporting obviously false values

3. bexindevon New Member

Right, after a lengthy-ish wait for m scanner to turn up Ive been given fault codes relating to Camshaft position sensor 003 no signal AND Throttle position sensor 003 no signal.

So to tackle my starting issue ive decided new TPS is needed, apparently new dizzy cap could solve the camshaft position sensor issue?

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

dizzy cap wont solve the code, its the hall sensor inside the dizzy which is the problem. it may be the tps and dizzy codes are related if say the common earth had cracked it could take them both out. whats the engine code on it? chase all the wiring around the engine from the round plug make sure its all good