Driver side door not sitting flush

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Blauswartz 16v, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Blauswartz 16v New Member

Hi all, just changed drivers side door and it's now not sitting flush at the top???

Any ideas how I get this sitting correctly please??

Thanks in advance!!

Attached Files:

2. davidut5 Forum Member

Either hammer in the front top hinge(only if its not aligned with the wing), or open window and bend the frame in place.
    Put a wood block between sill and door and push the door in. Either of this methods should work, or they did for me.
    My jetta has a huge gap at the seem between door and quarter panel, that i dont like but cant seem to work it out. Could have been crashed, who knows.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  3. pigbladder Forum Addict

i would lower the glass , place your knee or hip on the inner part of the door where the frame meets the door and tug at it to bend the upper part inwards a bit

*or

bunch up some rags and put into the door jamb so it wont close fully , then push at the top corner a bit a time until it moves , might have been the result of a previous break in , common for thieves to bend the door frame out to gain access

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

may be the pic but looks like whole door isnt quite lined up, loosen the hinge bolts and adjust