Dta ecu for 20v turbo

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by dan.h, Oct 25, 2010.

1. dan.h Forum Member

Hi ive got a 20v corrado running on q peng at the moment. what sort of costs are involved for a DTA ecu. I would have to fit myself as im too far away. Would i have to make my own loom etc Do you have any information on them? Im also looking at oem management but not sure what to go for for the best. My aim is to run around mid 300's eventually so is dta over kill?

2. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

S40 ecu is 450+vat plus sensor plug connector. You would need to adapt to the wiring loom yes.
    Its a flexible ecu to map.

3. dan.h Forum Member

Hi thats sounds reasonable. Would modifying a loom be hard? Would it be a standard loom id modiffy or do i have to build one from scratch? Do you think the q peng loom could be adapted? reason i ask is i could probably copy the qpeng loom thats on it at the moment. I know these are silly questions really as it depends on how much i can do myself. Are base maps available as its basically just a standard AUM code engine at the moment but would like to get it running before i started making changes to the engine

4. dan.h Forum Member

5. badger5

not seen that link before.. looks good.. and price is appealing.
    If you have qpeng wiring now, then you have your required sensor wires in one spot, so reterminating vs start over is your call

6. dan.h Forum Member

Thanks. That sounds great and just what I'm after really. I've a few more questions but Il give you a call if thats ok as I will probably order it at the same time

7. dan.h Forum Member

ECU came saturday morning thankyou.
    Are they supposed to come with a comms lead for your computer or do you have to buy them separate?
    Cheers

8. badger5

they are sold seperately

9. dan.h Forum Member

cool thanks, wont need one for a while anyway.

10. MK1G20VT Forum Member

Can I just ask why you would recommend a S40 over a E48EXP? I am doing the same conversion in a Mk1 golf and have the E48 as thats what I was recommended at the time. I only ask as a friend of mine had problems with his E48, two injectors firing at the same time aparently dta said this is how they operate???

11. dan.h Forum Member

From what I have read and picked up dta fires the injectors in batches of 2.
    I think exp48 is an older version of the s series Ecu's.

12. m1keh Forum Member

Batch firing of injectors is used on many of the less expensive standalone ecu's. Hardware cost within the ecu being a factor governing this. You pay more you get greater control generally.

13. badger5

EXP48 is no longer available, S-series now. Thats why

14. MK1G20VT Forum Member

I see. Surley two injectors firing at once will just cause the engine to over fuel!. It also sounds like a tappet is out when they fire together.

What kind of ecu would be a better more adjustable unit that wouldn't do this?