Early Corrado "A" arms ??

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by watercooled, Feb 12, 2014.

1. watercooled Forum Member

Mine have bad bushes and the sub frame looks early mk3? can anyone help as the my parts car should have a good set (92 mk3),subframe has the removable mount over the swaybar bush thats why I'am thinking its not mk2?,thanks.

2. Dan W

Dan W CGTI Regional Host

Same as mk2 golf

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

4 cylinder corrado use mk2 gofl wishbones, vr6 use mk3 gti/16v/vr6 wishbones. subframe for 4 cylinder is golf g60 (same as mk2 but extra brackets) vr6 subframe is similar to mk3 but slightly different and specific to the corrado vr6

mk3 4 stud wishbones will fit but they are longer, you would need mk3 4 cyl track rods matched to your steering rack plus 4 stud 100mm mk3 driveshafts, but make sure your wheels will fit!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  4. watercooled Forum Member

Thanks John it was the rear brackets that caught me out,had no idea the subframe on the G60 was differant,cheers.

5. watercooled Forum Member

Just an update on the A arms,had a used set and rebushed them...night and day,some idiot had done the rear ones and left out the bolt sleeves,no more rubbing inside the guard liners and wierd steering when turning...sorted,thanks guys.