Eibach ARB fitting

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by R1ch, Jul 5, 2020.

1. R1ch Forum Member

I picked up these Eibach ARBs for my mk2 today.
    I need to get a few bits to fit them:
    - 15mm longer than standard bolts for the rear - 90mm?
    - rear metal curved brackets that support the bushes - can i just make a couple?
    - band clamps - how long do these need to be?

I also need some new front drop links (22mm to fit the ARBs). Where is the best place to get these from?

Any advice for fitting them?

Thanks
    eibach.jpg

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Awesome GTI, or Badger 5 could be worth a call.

3. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Looks like Heritage sells them, not cheap and out of stock atm and where are the front drop links?

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com...anti-roll-bar-fitting-kit-front-and-rear.html

Get onto Eibach UK.

25 Swannington Rd, Broughton Astley, Cottage Lane Industrial Estate, Leicester LE9 6TU

01455 285850

Or these guys - https://www.eibachshop.co.uk/info-contact-us

Rear just bolts on, easy job.
    Front you have to drop or remove the front subframe hoping your subframe bolts don't break off in the chassis, one of mine did. Make sure you get the front one the right way up too, it looks right either way but is too close to the exhaust d/pipe if you fit it incorrectly.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

for the bands on the back they are just mikalor type clamps, you should have inner bushes for the roll bar plus strips of rubber to go round the beam where the clamps go

with the front take extra time to make sure its central, as its very close to the wishbones. some have been known to hit regardless as weren't properly made from the factory. if its used though you're fine