Elite Dangerous ?

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by slimwadey, Jan 20, 2015.

1. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

A while back someone posted about backing and playing Elite: Dangerous
    Who are you ? are you still playing ?
    I could not afford pre release and had to sort my PC too, but i have been playing since a week after release
    I'm loving every minute so far
    Anybody else ?

2. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

We haven't yet, but I think we will be getting it. At least the wife will!

3. mickey marrows Forum Member

Currently avoiding it as best I can! I have two work colleagues who invested in the new startup so have been playing for quite a while.. its pretty impressive

(the two colleagues work in different departments and didn't realise the other had invested until they encountered each other fighting over a docking space!)

4. bigeyd Forum Member

I wish I hadn't seen this,I loved the original and the frontier one wasn't bad.

I have an iMac so a new system will be needed lol

5. bootsie Paid Member Paid Member

That was me, and yes I am! Difficult to put the time in what with the Golf (car, not the game with sticks), new house, my Amiga motherboard project and now a Valve Amplifier build too. There just aren't enough hours in the day.
    At the moment I'm grinding my way up to a Type-7 (currently in an Asp) so I can start making the real money I need to fully equip a ship.
    Wings Beta (i.e. fly together in a group) is coming up soon, so I'll need to find some friends to test that with!

There's a Mac version in development - supposedly available to Beta users in the next few months. You're too late for the Beta now I think, but perhaps they'll open it up again for Mac users just so they can take some more money for it!

6. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

I'm currently in an Asp too,
    Close to type 7, my mate is grinding in a T9 and pulling 850k profit on a single leg of his trip
    Very nice
    I'm not sure about wings, worried I'll be hunted
    Are you on the fb EDC page.?

Ps I'm commander Slimwadey, add me and msg me

7. bootsie Paid Member Paid Member

No, don't do facebook.. what's on the EDC page?

Added, you should get a request I guess.
    I'm Cmdr Bootes on there (too dull to come up with a cool game name). I'm based in Turir (30:-76:60) about 100yr out from Sol. Where are you?

8. bigeyd Forum Member

Macs are DS with games so I ain't going to hold out for that Bootsie,thanks for the heads-up though.

9. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

Hi Bootsie , sorry for not replying , been busy with moving work and playing a LOT of E[:D]

I'm flying around Nganji at the moment , I'm now in a type 7 with and extra 25mill in the bank too, I keep crashing and losing cargo , all my fault , it costs me 4mill every time I boost into the station wall or a type9 in the toast rack
    The Facebook EDC page is a community of grown ups playing the game , there are sections for those wanting to trade, or bounty hunt or explore , there is a home world called tarach tor, and even a group trying to take control of a station
    It's a descent group of people .

I mainly keep to myself and trade my own route but do occasionally buy another ship like a viper to do kill missions to keep my self busy
    This game is so big and so much to do it's taking far too much of my time up

I really need to get my mk2 sorted ..

10. G60Dub

G60Dub Forum Member

All I can say is wow! I had no idea this had actually come to release; where can I buy it?

11. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

Google elite dangerous , buy and download , don't forget to add commander Slimwadey , I'll join you and drop you off some free stuff to get you moving I game if you want

12. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

I'm currently In a Python and own a few other ships like the vulture and asp for a bit of variety

13. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

I managed to buy myself an Anaconda ! Awesome ship , costs a fortune to upgrade tho even after 146 million buy price

14. bootsie Paid Member Paid Member

Oops, missed this thread update.
    Haven't played this for a while, had other things going on. Must get back to it.

@slimwadey - how did you get the cash to get to an Anaconda; trading, merc missions, exploration?

15. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

I basically hit the trade routes , when you get to a Type7 and onwards it's like printing Ingame money , the type9 carries 532 cargo and I was earning 1.2 million cr every 10 min run , a few evenings of that and hey presto. I bought lots of other ships to play with as well so as not to get too bored, they have ramped up the creds from bounty hunting and exploration, you can earn a couple of mill in a Resource Extraction Site killing wanted pirates , dead easy in a viper or a Vulture
    I have been laid up and not played for a week, can't wait to get back to it

16. bootsie Paid Member Paid Member

Hmm, still grinding away in a Type-7 worth 20mil trying to get to a Type-9 for 70mil, 250K profit per one-way run. Only 180 more runs to go!
    Might have to take a break and go shoot some sh*t up for a while.